Mr. Robot : is an American drama–thriller television series created by Sam Esmail. It stars Rami Malek as Elliot Alderson, acybersecurity engineer and hacker who suffers from social anxiety disorder and clinical depression. Alderson is recruited by aninsurrectionary anarchist known as “Mr. Robot”, played by Christian Slater, to join a group of hacktivists. The group aims to erase all debts by attacking the large corporation, E Corp.
The pilot premiered on multiple online and video on demand services on May 27, 2015, and the series was renewed for a second season before the first season premiered on USA Network on June 24, 2015. The 12-episode second season premiered on July 13, 2016. Mr. Robot has received critical acclaim and has been nominated for and won multiple awards, including the Golden Globe for Best Television Drama Series and was recognized with a Peabody Award. In 2016, the series received six Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Drama Series with Malek winning for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series. On August 16, 2016, USA renewed Mr. Robot for a third season set to air in 2017.
The series follows Elliot Alderson, a young man living in New York City, who works at the cyber security company Allsafe as a security engineer. Constantly struggling with social anxiety disorder, dissociative identity disorder and clinical depression, Elliot’s thought process seems heavily influenced by paranoia and delusion. He connects to people by hacking them, which often leads him to act as a cyber-vigilante. He is recruited by a mysterious insurrectionary anarchist known as Mr. Robot and joins his team of hacktivistsknown as fsociety. One of their missions is to cancel all consumer debt by destroying the data of one of the largest corporations in the world, E Corp (which Elliot perceives as Evil Corp), which also happens to be Allsafe’s biggest client.
- Rami Malek as Elliot Alderson, a security engineer at Allsafe Cybersecurity and a vigilante hacker. He has social anxiety disorder and deals with clinical depression and delusions, which cause him to struggle socially and live isolated from other people.
- Carly Chaikin as Darlene Alderson, Elliot’s sister and one of the fsociety hackers.
- Portia Doubleday as Angela Moss, Elliot’s childhood friend and a fellow employee at Allsafe, later PR Manager for E Corp.
- Martin Wallström as Tyrell Wellick, originally the ambitious Senior Vice President of Technology at E Corp and later part of fsociety.
- Christian Slater as Mr. Robot, an insurrectionary anarchist who recruits Elliot into an underground hacker group called fsociety; and Edward Alderson, Elliot’s father.
- Michael Cristofer as Phillip Price (season 2; recurring season 1), the CEO of E Corp.
- Stephanie Corneliussen as Joanna Wellick (season 2; recurring season 1), Tyrell’s wife (later ex-wife).
- Grace Gummer as Dominique “Dom” DiPierro (season 2), an FBI field agent investigating the E Corp hack.
you Can watch it Hére :